Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Baby update
So here's the scoop. I am 11 days away from my due date (May 8th). I am actually dilated to a one and a half - which is a lot further than I ever made it with Spencer. My blood pressure through this whole pregnancy has not been ideal - on the high side of normal - but it has been consistent. The last 2 doctor appointments it has crept up a little bit - so I usually have to sit and relax for a minute, then they take it again...it's always something, right? When I had Spencer - neither him nor I responded well to the Pitocen - eventually ending in an emergency c-section. The doctor doesn't want to do that again, so the plan for this one, was to wait until a week or so after my due date, to see if I go on my own, then just schedule a c-section if I don't....no inducing. Since my blood pressure is not great, that plan changed, today, to scheduling the c-section more around my due date, instead of waiting until a week (week and a half) after the due date. So at the appointment we did a few more things, and they decide to check my blood pressure again - some how it sky rocketed up to 156/95. So within a few minutes the plan changed again. Now I am going back to the doctor on Thursday (29th) for a blood pressure check, and another appointment on Monday the 3rd. Between those appointments, I am basically suppose to be on bed rest. If my blood pressure is still not great, I will most likely get sent straight from the doctor's office to the hospital for a c-section (On Monday, May 3).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well that is exciting that you are close, but not exciting about the blood pressure. Bryson will be excited to know he might share a birthday with his cousin!
Post a Comment