
My awesome sister's and mom threw me an "Evening of Carly"....a.k.a. very small, low key baby shower. I didn't really want a baby shower, traditionally it's something done only with your first. I know that a lot of people, these days, have one with each pregnancy, I think people just like an excuse to have a party....nothing wrong with that. Genetically my family is very low key, don't like the spotlight, and are home-bodies. So this party was perfect. It consisted of me, my 2 sisters, my mom, my niece Natalie, and Lindsey's mother in law. We had a nice dinner (barbecued steak), opening a few gifts, and then my sister's gave my a manicure and a pedicure....very relaxing....plus we aren't completely hip on games either. It was much nicer to sit and visit while Katie rubbed my feet:)
Spencer was funny, he knew that there were "no boys allowed." Scott took him to McDonald's then to volleyball. Spence just stood at the door waiting for Scott because he knew that something was up, that didn't involve him. I was very surprised he understood that he wasn't invited, and had to go. It was a little sad, because he loves parties of any type. But I think he had fun with Dad.
Spencer was funny, he knew that there were "no boys allowed." Scott took him to McDonald's then to volleyball. Spence just stood at the door waiting for Scott because he knew that something was up, that didn't involve him. I was very surprised he understood that he wasn't invited, and had to go. It was a little sad, because he loves parties of any type. But I think he had fun with Dad.
1 comment:
Well, I think every 9-month pregnant woman DESERVES to have a night of her own... of pampering... of social... of no kids! Good for you! I have been thinking about you... hope you are getting ready to juggle two! We love you! I wish I could have been there! Here's to you... and your new little one, soon to come!!!
Post a Comment