
We have all had cabin fever sooo bad this year. I guess because it's the first year I've been stuck inside with a 2 1/2 year old...who is not very content. Lindsey decided for Alex's birthday this year we should go swimming. This family is full of water dogs....the 2 exceptions being the 2 brother-in-laws. Lindsey and I have managed to pass on our love of swimming to our kids...but I guess at this age most any kid loves to swim. I couldn't decide what Spencer should give Alex for his birthday this year, he has every toy ever made. Alex and Spencer are Lightning Mcqueen fanatics at the moment, so I found some Lightening Mcqueen towels to take swimming. But if you know this family, we don't like to leave people out, so Spence and Alex got Mcqueen towels, and Natalie got a Princess and the frog towel.
This is a picture of either mine, or Lindsey's birthday...I assume it's mine, because the cake is in front of me...but if you look closely, there are 2 of ever present. The birthday girl always got a few more presents, to signify her birthday, but a lot of them came in pairs:) We always stayed in the Holiday Inn on our birthday's and went swimming for a few days.

Lindsey's kids are known for their picture taking skills:)..This is about what all of her pictures look like:)
On Sunday we had a Lightning Mcqueen birthday party....the cake is a big tire.

The kids had a blast decorating their very own box cars. Luckily it was just warm enough to go outside and play red light/green light. Spencer completely understands the "red means stop", "green means go" concept...everywhere we drive he tells me when I can go... But when we played, he would run as fast as he could, never keeping up with Alex, but wouldn't stop on red until he caught up with him. He had a blast, and you couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.

The second half of Spencer's present to Alex was a lightning mcqueen pillow case. Once again, I found myself wrapping up 2 lightning Mcqueen pillowcases, and a Princess and the Frog pillow case...instead of just one pillowcase for the actual birthday boy:)
No comments:
Post a Comment