Friday, March 5, 2010

update


I haven't blogged for awhile because technology hates me. For some reason my card reader won't let me get my pictures off of my phone, and onto the computer (So if anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to solve the problem, let me know).
Scott and I have been pretty busy lately. Scott is doing some last minute finish-up stuff for his fire-fighter class. He still has a live burn to do, and is set to take his Hazmat practicals in April. The Boise Fire Department is testing in May, so the timing couldn't have worked out any better. He is still working for Biomat (Plasma Donation Center) as a medical supervisor, and plans to stay there in addition to any fire job he can find. Scott was hired because he is an EMT, but the higher the credentials that you have, the more you get paid (even though he would be doing the same job). So, we are currently looking into LPN, and RN programs to give Scott a pretty significant pay boost. Scott has always had awesome work ethic, and has received several compliments from his bosses. Including being made a designated trainer to new employees and invited to sit in with manager meetings. Between fire/paramedic classes and classes to raise his status at Biomat, he stays pretty busy. I sometimes see him in the evenings:)
Since Scott is gone a lot (he works 10-12 shifts), I am trying to juggle school, Spencer, and being 7 months pregnant by myself most of the time. I am less than 10 classes shy of graduating, so I am limited on the classes, and times during the day when I can take my classes. Right now I go down to campus for 2 hours 3 times a week, and 1 hour 2 times a week. It's not a ton, but it still is hard to leave Spencer. I don't know how people leave their kids all day. Fortunately my awesome sister watches him, and he loves it. Most of the time when I ask him what he wants to do, he says, "Go to Lindsey's house." At least it makes it easier knowing that he is happy when I drop him off. And usually he's upset that he has to leave Lindsey's house...she has the best toys.
Spencer is 2 and a half, and a busy body. He's always going, and never stops... And never stops talking either. He loves that his dad is getting into fire-fighting, he tells me that he has a "hot fire dad." Anything with the word fire in it he has to add "hot fire" to it (hot fire truck, hot fire hat, hot fire staton, etc.). And we can never drive by a fire station without talking about it. He loves to mimic a siren, and stops dead in his tracks every times he hears one.
My due date is May 8, which I managed to time right during finals week. I am so ready to not be pregnant, but I really want to get my semester done before I have the baby. I am set to take my finals early, but at the rate this baby is growing, he may come 1st. At my last doctor appointment, I measured in at 33 weeks, and I am only 30 weeks along. We have had so many eating and weight problems with Spencer, it would be nice to have a big boy. Spencer will have to watch out, because his little brother may pass him up:)

1 comment:

amberdp21 said...

That is so funny about Spencer &s sirens. Plus he has a HOT fire dad! haha :) That's great. It's what you should call Scott now.
Or I will :D ha ha!
Good for you for trying to get another semester out of the way before the little guy comes! And good luck with it. How nice to have Lindsey to watch him, and that he's OK to be going there :) Helps as a mom I bet.
Hope you're feeling good!

Congrats to Scott for getting such great remarks from his supervisors & managers! And what a great thing to be able to sit in on those important meetings! So proud of my big brother!
I feel for you in not being able to see him much throughout the day.. That has to be rough. Preog, an almost 3yr old & school. Man carly. You ROCK!
Love you guys!
Can't wait to hear more!

Oh by the way,
if you email your pictures from your phone to your email, you can then drag them onto your desktop into a folder or something. See if that works. That's how I download things off my phone. :)