The company Scott works for has several branches all over the country; several in every state. Over the past few weeks, the Rexburg branch was short-handed, and needed some help. So Scott got sent to Rexburg for 2 weeks to help out. His last week, he was planning on working Monday thru Saturday, and again the following Monday, and Tuesday. Spencer and I decided to get out of town, and go visit him over the weekend, instead of him driving back this way. Of course, when we are only an hour or so away, Scott found out that he was needed in Boise the last Monday, and Tuesday. So, he could have just come home Saturday, and been done with Rexburg. Luckily, he still had the room reserved all the way through Tuesday, so we had somewhere to stay overnight.
When Spencer and I arrived we immediately headed over to Applebee's. It was in the same parking lot as his hotel. Spener loves onion rings, but he only eats the onion, and leaves the breading. At least he eats the healthy part...right?!? After dinner, we went swimming in the hotel pool. Spencer also loves swimming, so he was on cloud nine. His favorite thing to do was swim in the hot tub for a minute, then the pool for a minute. Finally Scott and I just had one of us stay in the pool, and one stay in the hot tub....we weren't enjoying the temperature change as much as Spencer was. After the pool, we watched the BSU game, GO BRONCOS....we did win, but it was a crappy game.
The next day, we did a little site seeing in Rexburg....not much to see. We drove by the Temple, very pretty up on a hill. Then Scott showed me where he worked for 2 weeks, and that was about it.
On our way out, we decided to stop at Bear World.


It was pretty cold outside, but Spencer had a hay day. All he wanted was, "more bears, more bears." He kept trying to do everything he could to get close to the baby bears. Bear World does a drawing a few times everyday, and the winner gets to bottle feed the cubs. Spencer saw other people in with the bears, so he wanted to climb the fence and get close too:)
On the way home, we encountered a blizzard. It was horrible, I had to wear my sunglasses, because everything off of the rode was white, the snow flying at us was white, the sky was white, and I was following Scott in a white car. We had to drive separate cars, because Scott had his rental car. Plus my windshield wipers don't work that great. They smear everything when they go up, then wipe it off as they go back down. I couldn't see a thing for the second when they were going up, I just had to keep them going really fast. After awhile it turned into a rainstorm. I don't know which one was worse. We finally made it home, it was my Mom's birthday!! So we surprised her, because I wasn't planning on being home that early. Since Scott was supposedly going to have to stay in Rexburg, I was planning on staying in Rexburg as long as possible. Putting me back in Boise late Sunday, or Monday. All Spencer could talk about was Grandma's (or AAma's as he says) birthday party, he loves parties. We finally made it, I had a huge headache from squinting the entire ride, but we made it.
1 comment:
How fun!
Crappy drive back, and sorry about the headache but fun little trip! You guys got to get out of town for a night or 2 and Spencer got a little vacation in! [I'm not sure parents ever really get a vacation when you have to sit in the hot tub and your husband is in the pool while your child decided to switch back and forth :) ha ha
sounds fun though! I bet Scott was glad to see you at least!
Those bear world pics bring back lots of memories.. :) how cute that Spence loved the bears so much!
Post a Comment