Since we don't have a beautiful California beach close by, we make due with Sandy Pointe Beach. This is, I believe, a man-made little swimming area right next to Lucky Peak Reservoir. We had planned on going boating that day, but the flu bug bit most everyone in the family, so those of us still vertical went to the "beach" instead. My sister, and 2 kids, Spencer and I, little sister Katie, and cousin Tasha with her baby Zeke all went.
We pulled Spence and baby Zeke, or baby "eke" as Spencer calls him, in the wagon all the way down the sand to the water. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but have you every pulled 2 kids and a lot of stuff, in a wagon, on sand? Not our brightest idea. Especially since it slopes downward to get to the water, which in turn means, pulling it uphill to get back out.
Katie, Tasha, and Zeke
BOATING
This was the first time this year that we have made it out on the boat. It was so nice outside, and the water was really smooth; hardly any other boats.

Can anyone guess Alex's feelings about being on the boat? He eventually calmed down. Him and Natalie went on the tube with Lindsey, and had fun. Spencer went on the tube with me and loved it. Well, he loved it up until the end, when the rope kept hitting the water and splashing his face. Last year, (his 1st time boating) he went on the tube with me and had a rather unpleasant experience. The ride actually put him to sleep, but when we stopped, I wasn't ready, and didn't distribute my weight right on the tube. If you have too much weight in the front when you stop, the whole tube submerges underwater. So, he got woken up to being submerged into lake water. But he apparently didn't remember said experience and went on the tube again this year.
You can't ride the boat as a little kid, and not help Grandpa drive it:) I think all of my cousins have memories of helping Grandpa drive the boat.
After boating we played on the shore. Spencer, Natalie, and Alex all got new buckets to play with. It's not the nicest beach to play on, a lot of gravel. But Spence had a lot of fun putting the rocks in his bucket.Lindsey and I had a lot of fun, we haven't done a lot of serious boating since we had our kids. But Lindsey and I both took turns wake boarding, and both of us took a ride on the tube (together). We were reminded that we didn't go as fast as we did when we were little. I think I went faster on the tube when I was 6 years old. Apparently I hit the water harder now. Lindsey and I both have memories of skidding across the water when we fell off the tube...Now I just do a rather painful splat, the water seems to slap me to an abrupt stop. It was a lot of fun though, and I hope Spencer can grow up with all the fun summer boating memories that I have.
1 comment:
ha ha ha ha a rather nice big splat eh? ha ha ha
Oh Carly.. :) This looks like such a fun trip! Sorry to hear the flu had hit. It's even worse when it takes down a pack. :P bleh.
How fun that your Grandpa let the little ones help him out. great memories!
Post a Comment