Friday, July 17, 2009

4th of July fun

This year Scott, Spencer, and I spent the 4th up in McCall/Cascade. Scott's parents as well as 2 older brothers live up there, and so graciously hosted the Barfuss (Scott's mom's side) family reunion. One of Scott's brothers lives in a 4 level farm house on a good size piece of land, with the perfect area for 50+ people to bring in tents and campers. From my view, everything went smoothly, and everyone had a lot of fun. Scott and I didn't make it up for all the festivities, but we did do a lot of visiting, and swimming. It is nice just to get out of town every once in a while. Since Scott volunteers for the Cascade Fire Department, he got to ride on the ambulance during the 4th of July parade; Spencer got to join him as well. Like any most little boys, Spencer has a fascination for fire trucks, ambulances, and everything else alike. Can't have much more fun than getting to ride in the ambulance with dad during a parade:)
Scott's older brother works for the Valley County Police Department, and also got to ride in the parade.


Unfortunately, I didn't care to carry around my camera through all the family reunion/4th festivities, so this is the only documentation I have, aside from the parade. This is Spencer and I watching the fireworks.

When all of the sisters/sisters-in-law lived in the same area, we would try to do a girls-only lunches on each others birthday's. It doesn't happen so much anymore, we have been split in several directions. So when we can, as many as we can, try to go out to Olive Garden; always the place of choice. Scott's little sister came up from Arizona for the family reunion, so we couldn't miss the chance to get as many of us as we could out to eat. This picture is of Scott's mom, and 3 sister's; I was the only sister-in-law to make it.
Overall, it was a fun-filled week. It was really nice to see everyone. We are so glad that Amber and Camryn made it up, and sorry Jordan couldn't.

2 comments:

Family of Fun said...

Oh, you Olive Garden people! Next time, if I make it, you might just have to hit Johnny Carinos (I know I at least have Emilee's vote there!). Glad you had fun without us and good for you to brave the sister-hood without some back up! Thanks for getting that hair stuff for me, by the way. And ooooooh, love the shampoo! :)

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

I wish we could've made it to the parade! I know the kids would've love seeing TWO uncles riding in it! How fun for Spencer :)
I'm so glad you were able to do my hair Carly! Thank you so much. And I didn't get a chance to pay you [I forgot] So let me know what I owe and I'll send it up! Seriously, I used SOME of your product.. and you were standing for awhile trying to get my layers to look right.. and those scissors! ha ha Let me do SOMEthing!