Saturday, January 10, 2009
Walking with Dinosaurs
A show called Walking with Dinosaurs recently came to the Idaho center, so Spencer and I jumped at the chance to see it. It was an information-packed view on dinosaurs. The dinosaurs were awesome! The had life-size robotic dinosaurs. For the big dinosaurs, like the T-rex (and a lot of others I can't recall the names), they weren't life-size, but still very large; they just told us the dimensions of the dinosaur fully grown. All the show did, was have a narrator, and as a dinosaur came out, he would talk about that dinosaur. They would have more than one out at a time, of different types, and a few of the times they would have a predator and prey come out, and would discuss different defense mechanisms. The dinosaurs looked so real, they were so cool just to watch; little kids were just so in awe, that they didn't seem to realize they were just listening to a 96-minute dino documentary. From the second I saw a commercial for it, months ago, I wanted to go. But I never really thought about it, I knew the tickets were spendy. Within the last week, I kept hearing more and more about it, because it was coming up. So a few days before, I went to see if there were any tickets left. Because of the price, only Spencer and I went. Scott wanted to go, but he didn't feel too bad about missing because he had volleyball that night; it takes a lot to get him to miss volleyball. I didn't get any pictures, there was no flash photography. However, ever now and then someone would let off a flash...and it was funny because instead of flashes everywhere, you could see everyone holding up there cell phones, taking videos and pictures. So I had to see cell-phone glow everywhere. I just didn't bother taking pictures. I already was by myself, and had to haul in a huge diaper bag, full of stuff to entertain in case he couldn't sit through it, and deal with both our coats, and we had to get food when we were there....so I didn't even bother digging through my bag for my camera. I had one hand holding Spencer on my lap, the other holding his bag of chips, while every few minutes grabbing the drink for him. Spencer just sat and pointed to the dinosaurs the whole time; he loved it. It was funny, when we came home, he was totally infatuated with our dog. I don't know if she resembled the dinosaurs, or what, but he just chased her around, laughing and laughing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds like it would be awesome! I wouldn't have thought Spencer would have sat through it all. That's great! Glad you had fun!
That's great that he sat through the whole thing! And most of the other kids too.
Sounds awesome though! I would like to have gone to something like that or even that!
I get emails with events and things for the Idaho center, I'll forward them on to you and you can see if there is ever anything exciting eh? :]
Love you guys!
Post a Comment