Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween weekend


This year the boys and I had 4 fun-filled evenings of Halloween fun.It began with a small Halloween party that Lindsey and I threw for Spencer, Alex, and Natalie.
We played a ton of games, including: Halloween bowling, pin the face on the jack-o-lantern, throw the rat into the Calderon, and had a Halloween cake walk. After all of the games, my sister Lindsey came in and announced, "I caught a witch last night!" Spencer's face dropped; and I'm sure that his stomach did too. She put the witch's hair, eyes, and brains into bowls and made the kids reach into a box to feel them. Spencer was so timid, and nervous about the whole situation.
This is his relieved, "trying to put on a smile for the team" face...you can tell he was not amused by our stunt. We had to tell him over and over, "it's not really witch's hair, it's just noodles...or blue jello...or grapes."
Friday night (29th) Borah High's honor society helped out with Monroe Elementary Halloween Party. Since Katie was going to volunteer with Honor Society, we invited ourselves to the Halloween bash.
The next evening was trunk-or-treat down the street at our church. Spencer loves trunk-or-treat...a lot of candy with hardly any hassle. Scott didn't join us as cowboys, he put his gorilla suit on instead....quiet the bunkhead.
The final event was actual Halloween evening. However, it got the least amount of hype. Scott took the boys on their usual rounds while I laid in the bed ill...tons of fun. This is Spencer's 4th Halloween, and it is only the 2nd that Scott has been around for. The 3 previous years he was either out of town for work, or working the haunted woods, so he had no problems taking the boys by himself.

1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

How fun! Bet yall have tons of candy! :) I love the party ideas for the kids. What a fun thing to do [catching the witch] So creative :) Miss you guys! Can't wait till my kids can trick or treat with their cousins