Spencer has always been a horrible sleeper. And I'll admit it comes from my side. My mom said that from the day I was born, I never took longer than a 20 minute nap. When Spencer was first born he would wake up every hour, and took really inconsistent naps.Throughout his first year, I put him down for a nap, at the same time everyday. Some days he would fall right asleep, others it would take hours. Some days he would be asleep for 2 hours, while others it would be 20 minutes. There was no telling what his nap would be like for that day. Needless to say, I never, and still don't, every really get anything done. Up until he was almost a year he had yet to sleep through the night. He finally started sleeping all night, around 11 months. However, he was still in our bed. The naps were still hit or miss, so by the time night rolled around I didn't care where he was, as long as he slept. After awhile, we tried to have him sleep right next to our bed...on a mattress, that was about 6 inches lower than our bed. That was a nightmare, he woke every 20 minutes. We've tried everything, but nothing works...hard to change someone when it's in their genes to be a bad sleeper. A few days ago, I was de-cluttering all of our stuff, and took a load of stuff to a used kids store. Spencer is really into planes, trains, and automobiles right now. And when we walked into the store, we saw this awesome fire truck bed.
I don't have the slightest clue as to why I bought it, but I did. Why buy a bed, when we can't get him near any but ours? The first night, I crammed myself in by him, until he fell asleep. The whole night, I was subconsciously waiting for him to waltz in....but he never did!!! He slept in it ALL night:) Night number 2 wasn't so great, but we are making progress:)
I don't have the slightest clue as to why I bought it, but I did. Why buy a bed, when we can't get him near any but ours? The first night, I crammed myself in by him, until he fell asleep. The whole night, I was subconsciously waiting for him to waltz in....but he never did!!! He slept in it ALL night:) Night number 2 wasn't so great, but we are making progress:)
1 comment:
HURRAYY!!!!!! Yea for sleeping in his own bed!
You now have yours all to Scott and yourself right??! Super!!! :) Way to go on the awesome find and impromptu buy!
Post a Comment