Monday, May 25, 2009

California Vacation - Days 1-4

My entire family got to spend 9 days in California; my group (3) Lindsey's group (4), and then mom, dad, and Katie...10 altogether! The main purpose of going down was my cousin Monica's wedding, and we decided to throw in a few extra perks while we were down there. Day 1 of vacation fun was driving day!! Always a favorite. Driving day happened to hit on Scott's birthday, so he had a fun birthday of driving with 7 people for 13 hours:)

Lindsey and I finally put 2 and 2 together, and made the connection on this trip, that her 3 year old son, Alex, gets car sick. Both of Lindsey's kids have puking issues..acid reflux mixed with sensitive gag reflexes means Lindsey deals with a lot of puke. So our car ride went as follows: Alex puking, the lid on our on-top-of-car luggage carrier flying open, Alex puking again, lid flying off again and a box of easy mac flying out...intermingled with lots of food stops, dry dipe stops, and crying. We also got to listen to Alex play superheros, which was pretty amusing. Scott's sister Jody let us borrow their vehicle because theirs seats 7 and ours seats 6...THANKS Jody!! And don't worry about the puke, because of said issues, Lindsey is the expert on catching puke, I don't think a drop touched your car:)



Tight squeeze for Lindsey!! Can't have much more fun than that:)



The next day, May 16, was Monica's wedding. She and Rhett got sealed in the Fresno Temple. It was very beautiful, one reason I love going to California is the flowers. There is such a variety of flowers and they are everywhere, it smells soooo good. It was very hot, around 100 degrees, which is a slap in the face coming from Idaho. But everything was beautiful, Monica looked Gorgeous, it was a very nice, classy event.


This is Scott, Spencer, and I waiting for the lucky couple to walk out of the temple. I didn't get a chance to take a picture as they walked out. Scott and Nate (Lindsey's husband) were very good sports through the whole thing. They watched the kids so Lindsey and I could go into the sealing, and they also watched them while we went to the reception. Monica's wedding had a vintage theme, and the location for the reception had a "no kids" policy....way to many things that could break.



I couldn't get around people to get a decent shot...but this is Rhett, and friends, serenading Monica to "Touch my Body"....pretty funny (She's sitting on top of the piano).



This picture, of Scott and I, was taken at the luncheon (Obviously before the reception..I put it in out of order).


This was also at the luncheon. Spencer doesn't do that well in the heat:)


From my perspective, everything turned out really nice. The luncheon and reception were very classy, a lot like Monica, and it was a ton of fun.

After the wedding, we spent a few more days in Fresno, to visit with family and relax. My Grandparents have 6 great grandchildren, 1 girl (Natalie) and 5 boys. 2 of the boys are 3, and 3 of the boys are almost 2...they are within 3 months of each other.



You can't tell from this picture, but those 5 little boys are all in there!



Spencer playing with baby Nate.



We decided to go swimming at the hotel, and yes I forgot my suit. Spencer had to sit out for a little bit for not listening....we don't mess around when it comes to the pool.



Our last day in Fresno we decided to hit the Fresno zoo. Spencer's loved the sting rays. They had a large shallow pool where you could reach in and touch them. Spence and I had one sting ray that would hang around us, and slide up the wall coming part of the way out of the water...Spencer though it was great!


I had to throw this picture in, Katie and I always get made fun of for doing the flamingo stance. We both do it automatically, without realizing it. Usually it's done while we are waiting for something. For some reason, we both balance really well while in this stance. If you look closely, there are flamingos in the background.



Whenever it was relatively quiet, at my aunt and uncles house, and Spence was nowhere to be seen, I always knew where to look. This was one of his favorite spots in the house:

Where is Spencer?!?

1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Ha ha ha Spencer. He is looking more and more like a little Scott. It's so funny. Sounds like you made it down there in one piece and everyone was enjoying it.
See YOU look ok doing the flamingo stance.. but next to Katie, she does it REALLY high.. looks a little out of the ordinary :)