Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Donnelly


Scott and I spent Thanksgiving this year with his side of the family, in Donnelly ID. Scott has six siblings, 3 boys/3 girls, he is four out of six. Five are married, and 13 kids between them...if I counted right. His two older brothers (and his parents) have recently moved up to Donnelly/McCall area. His older sister lives in Nampa, the sister right under him lives in Mesa AZ, and his baby sister lives near us in Boise. It was only a year and a half to two years ago that we all lived relatively close to one another. Most everyone lived in the Nampa/Caldwell/Middleton area, and Scott and I lived the furthest away in Boise. So we are all still adjusting to not seeing everyone too often. So it was nice that we could get everyone together for Thanksgiving.
Scott, Carly, Spencer
Scott's brother, Jason, has horses and Spencer loved to come watch him feed them. You can't tell by my face, but I am terrified of them. It took every ounce of courage I had to stand so close for that picture. Spencer, however, loved them.
Scott and Spencer sitting on Jason's (brother) porch. Yes, it was very cold...Spencer was prepared:)
One word.......cheeks:) Spencer and his cousin Emma.
Spencer helping Scott hang some sheetrock
Spencer helping Uncle Jason hold the tape measure
Carly and Scott's baby sister, Emilee
Carly and Scott's 2 little sisters, Amber and Emilee
LOTS of games
We had a gift exchange, since we won't see each other at Christmas. This is Scott helping Spencer unwrap his gift.
Spencer's cousins: Megan and Kimberly (sisters, they are sitting across from one another), Lexie, and scary hair Hannah in the back
3 cute girls:)
Spencer just chillin' with his cousin Tyler....watchin' a show
All the cousins, except for 3
Carly and Spencer

2 comments:

Family of Fun said...

You got some great pics of everyone. I wish I had felt better and had paid more attention to photo-ing the moments! After everyone was gone on Saturday, I looked at Jason and said, "Man, I didn't even think to get pictures of us all around the table. We were so worried about eating quickly, so we could go and take pictures before sundown." I am glad you got some great picts. Boy, if Lexie and Kimberly could be twins?!? Cute picts! It was a fun time. Thanks for your contribution and I hope you had a good stay! :]

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

Yea! This was so much fun!
I should've smiled with the chocolate cheesecake in my teeth. Ha ha I'm glad you guys stayed for as long as you did. It was so much fun. I loved seeing how big Spencer is now!

Scott came over last night and is coming back this evening and tomorrow evening hopefully! :]
I love having SOME family around.. no matter how short lived it may be.
But don't worry, we're taking care of him for ya! ha ha [as much as he'll let me]!