Monday, October 6, 2008

What makes life 100%?

I love watching conference. My 2 favorite talks this year were from Elder Holland, about Angels, and President Monson, about change, and making the most of everything. Which is ironic, because our entire stake had it boundaries redone...and I don't think anyone is that thrilled. It made me feel a little better that, the housework has gone to crap, my biology is not going as well as planned, and my flute doesn't get touched near as much as I would like....but I do play with Spencer almost 24/7. We go swimming, to the park, on walks, Planet Kid, go see the dogs at the mall, we do it all. You should Spencer's face when we see the dogs, and he doesn't care what he's doing as long as he's outside....Everything can wait. When I heard President Monson's talk I thought about a little think I got in Seminary.

If.....(A=1, B=2, C=3...etc., like so...)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R U S T V W X Y Z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 910 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

THEN,
H A R D W O R K
8 1 18 4 23 15 18 11 = 98%

K N O W L E D G E
1114 15 23 12 5 4 7 5 = 96%

BUT,
A T T I T U D E
1 2020 9 2021 4 5 = 100%

(I have all the numbers and letters lined up, but then when I publish the post they're not...so line them up in your mind:))

1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

That's really cool Carly. What a fun way to think about you attitude :]
Those were really good talks. I think I felt the spirit so much more at this conference for some reason. It was so nice. And I love that moms everywhere are leaving the housework a little more and using those moments to bond with their loved ones/little ones.
Love you SO much! Thanks for sharing your insight and wonderful pictures!