Saturday, October 18, 2008

Salt Lake City

Spencer and I, with my older sister Lindsey, and her two kids (Natalie and Alex), went down to Salt Lake for our best friend's wedding (Melina Vaughn, now Melina Pugsley). We (Melina, Lindsey and I) grew up together, same ward, and have known each other since nursery. Melina then went to BYU-Idaho, received an English education degree, and now teaches 9th grade english in Salt Lake. The ride down was an adventure....It took us an hour or so to get going. Stop for gas, stop at Fred Meyer for tie downs, tie down stuff on top, bathroom, diapers, stopping to tuck in buckles that were flapping on top, more diapers, couldn't figure out where the freeway entrance was going east by the outlet mall...yeah it was fun. Then let the screaming begin. The kids did fine for a while, then about 30 mins before we got to Burley, everyone was upset about something. We had to stop and play in the McDonald's playland area for a while before we dared to put them back in the car.

Most of Lindsey's husband's extended family lives in Utah, so we were able to stay with them. They had a full basement, with a kitchen for us to use. We stayed in Layton, about 25-30 minutes before Salt Lake. Lindsey had a babysitter in Layton lined up for when we went to the sealing, but I wasn't able to find one. So while Lindsey went into the sealing, Spencer and I took a tour of the Conference Center. We were there when she walked out...looking gorgeous of course. Melina is skinny minnie, so she had a "mermaid" type dress. It wasn't completely mermaid style, it wasn't quite as tight on her legs as mermaid dresses are, but it flared out a little lower than your average dress. It's hard to explain but it was really pretty. Lindsey and I decided to not leave the kids with the sitter all day, so we missed the luncheon. I was told by Melina's sister (Mckenzie), that she made a slide show which was shown at the luncheon. Mckenzie said that she had a really hard time finding pictures of Melina without Lindsey and I in them. What do you call people who are in all your family pictures, but aren't actually family? So I'm sad that I missed the slide show. After the kids napped we drove back to Salt Lake...luckily there was a gas station in Layton that had gas for $3.09 a gallon! We then walked around, went to the museums, and then went to the reception. The reception was beautiful, it was in an art museum. So during the reception, you could go through the museum if you wanted too. We couldn't stay at the reception as long as I would have liked, Spencer had had it by then, very long day, and he was completely ornery. Good thing his screaming was drowned out by talking and music. We left the next morning, for another fun car ride.
This was that 30 mins before we got to Burley. Spencer is freaking, Natalie was freaking because her book was being naughty (It wouldn't stop falling off of her lap, and the pages wouldn't stay down), and Alex freaking because everyone else is freaking.
This is Spencer and I on our Conference Center tour.
Spencer and I at the visitors center. And two handsome boys at the temple.

1 comment:

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

HOLY COW! Lindsey is SO SKINNY!
She looks great!
What has she been doing?
I'm sorry the car ride was so much fun! :]
Sounds interesting and very long ha ha ugh. That's How I felt driving to Canada from Idaho Falls couple months back. 9 hours. >:^P
Her dress sounds really pretty. Sorry you didn't get to be apart of everything there. [slide show, luncheon, museum.. etc]