
Hi guys - this will be my first post. I figured since I was away from home so long, I'll go ahead and post some pictures for my wife to see. So here it is! We'll see how I do. I'm very amature still :P We'll start by the drive through Texas. It's nuts! We were located in a City called Kilgore. Major towns around it would be Overton and it was about 60 miles from the East Texas border. The trees were INSANE around here. Everywhere you drove, they were thick; I mean THICK!!! Thickest treed area I think I have ever seen in my life. I've been to Victoria, Canada - I thought that place had trees.... hahaha nothin compared to this!

This is what it looks like when you are looking in on it.. it doesnt quite do it justice, but it is really think. (I was using my phone so none of these are excellent..)
When you get to a new state, you have to take the appropriate schooling/testing for that state. Since we already had Texas, we didnt need to go for that one this time, but we did have to take Louisiana's, because well you guessed it, that's where we were headed next. We got in around 1 o'clock in the p.m. so we couldnt take the classes today; so we went and had fun! We took off down I-10 to New Orleans and toured the big city! I dont really have any pictures of the city (yet) but I will soon enough! I do, however, have one of the mighty Mississippi River! That is really somethin else! It's HUGE! The Color
ado River is plenty big, but this river has been a part of alot of U.S. trade for good reason - it can handle it! I want to go gator wrastlin' but some local warned me that it wasn't safe, but stay tuned anyway incase I get a chance!
When you get to a new state, you have to take the appropriate schooling/testing for that state. Since we already had Texas, we didnt need to go for that one this time, but we did have to take Louisiana's, because well you guessed it, that's where we were headed next. We got in around 1 o'clock in the p.m. so we couldnt take the classes today; so we went and had fun! We took off down I-10 to New Orleans and toured the big city! I dont really have any pictures of the city (yet) but I will soon enough! I do, however, have one of the mighty Mississippi River! That is really somethin else! It's HUGE! The Color
ado River is plenty big, but this river has been a part of alot of U.S. trade for good reason - it can handle it! I want to go gator wrastlin' but some local warned me that it wasn't safe, but stay tuned anyway incase I get a chance!Since we are so closed to the ocean, and the fact that in some places, New Orleans reaches 14 feet below sea level, all of the cemetaries are above ground in this area in crypts. Bob (my boss, and one of the owners of the
company) made the comment it would be EXCELLENT paintballin terf - his words, not mine ;) I tried catfish for the first time.... not recommended. I like fish but there's something about catfish that just doesnt do it for me. yuk! Anyway, that's all I have as of current. but I will keep y'all posted as soon as I get more fun stuff together!
company) made the comment it would be EXCELLENT paintballin terf - his words, not mine ;) I tried catfish for the first time.... not recommended. I like fish but there's something about catfish that just doesnt do it for me. yuk! Anyway, that's all I have as of current. but I will keep y'all posted as soon as I get more fun stuff together! Future events/jobs: Traveling to Phoenix on the way home to check out a job that we have to do a week or so after Thanksgiving, so you know where I'm gonna be staying ;) There has also been wind of a job in Detroit,Michigan, and another one in Spokane, Washington sometime in the near future. Im pretty sure I can take Carly and Spencer with me on those! Love all of you and Ill keep ya posted! Sendin love from the Deeeep South, Scott :)
2 comments:
HAHA YEAH! You'll be staying at OUR place!! Yee Ha Brother! Can't wit to see you guys!
I'm glad you got to posting for Carly! I can't wait to see the pictures of other things from you! Woot Woot! What an awesome guy you are!
Hey, my son Scotland. You are so far from home. I know from the phone call that you seemed alittle bored. I do see what you were trying to say about the trees. It is awesome to get to see other parts of the country. Just hope you get to share the rest with Carly and Spencer. It's much more fun with family. Love and miss you, mom
Post a Comment