Monday, September 15, 2008

What am I going to do??



Scott works for a company called Pacific Technologies Inc. (PTI). They do asbestos abatement...hazardous materials removal. The owners have been in our ward forever, at least my whole life, so I know them pretty well. They have treated Scott very well, and want to keep him permanently. However, they travel a lot. Even though Scott has only been there about 6 months, he gets to pick and choose which jobs he takes. He took a job in McCall earlier this summer, but besides that he has stayed local. Since Christmas is coming up, he has decided to take some out of town jobs, because he gets paid a little more. So this Wednesday, September 17, he is leaving for Denver Colorado for a week and a half. Which isn't bad, but when he finishes that job he is turning around and going to Dallas Texas for about 5 weeks. I'm hoping he can come home between the two jobs, if he does, it will only be for a day or so. So I'm contemplating flying down to Texas for a few days, but that would use a good chunk of Christmas money, thus defeating the purpose of him going out of town. These jobs are what really got me jump started on my blog. This way Scott can keep updated on what Spencer and I are doing. So I'm warning everyone in advance that my posts will be relatively monotonous and boring. Kind of a "Dear Diary, this is what I did today" type of posts. And probably a few that are directed toward Scott. Since Scott is only in town for a few more days, we took the opportunity to go visit him. Spencer was ready to work, so he's wearing his work overalls.

2 comments:

Family of Fun said...

Ok, so not long and boring at all! It is nice to know what is going on in your lives - since we don't see you that often (more often, I think than the rest of the siblings, however). You are always welcome to come and visit!

Jordan + Amber + Camryn + Brighton said...

His overalls are so cute. Ready to help be Daddy's assistant : ]
Sorry to hear about the 5 weeks and only a day in between! ugh! If we could, we'd come keep you company everyday! Or send some money to help out.
We love you guys and I feel for you. It'll be a great thing. You'll probably even have money to save after!